Saturday 1 April 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long: Q1 1st finish


Its the end of the first quarter (Q1) for the  2017 Finish-A-Long Q1 and I'm pleased to say I finished all three of the projects on my list here.   First up is this Wonky Stars Quilt.   I haven't quilted any 'real' sized quilted for quite some time because I've had the joy owning a long arm machine.  A couple of years ago when my husband received a cancer diagnosis, we had an out-of-the blue offer to buy the machine, and we accepted it.  It relieved us of having to rent studio space for the machine, and at the time was a load off our minds.  Good outcome.  But it has meant I've had to face quilting my own quilts.


This wonky quilt is intended as a donation for the charity Foster Hope, which helps out kids in foster care because the often go into care with nothing.    The blocks were made by a couple of friends, and there is another quilt from the blocks, which my friend is quilting.

I kept the quilting simple with some wonky, wavy, lines spaced well apart and the quilt is lovely and soft.

I'm really pleased with this quilt - wonky stars are one of my favourite blocks  - and look forward to being able to give it away.

There are lots of finished on the link up.  Check them out here




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Such a lovely finish. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Around here

My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...