Saturday 26 July 2014

I see red, I see red, I see red

I went to the beach last week with my good friend and although I was quilting I didn't work on my 6 inch blocks.  Today I thought I had better spend some time on this project.  I had a lot of fun with these two block.  The Wonky Goose Star is made of tiny scraps of fabric that are full of memories so it was a lot of fun to put together.



Just installed sculptures of Godwits which migrate between Foxton Beach of Siberia each year.


On the first day I whipped up this little baby quilt for two colleagues who are due to have a baby soon.  I adapted this pattern at Bloom and Blossom by cutting smaller strips to make better use of the left over pieces I had from an earlier baby quilt. This was the only pattern I could find that didn't involve sewing 1/2 square triangles.


And lastly we decided we needed coffee one day and visited  a cafe where I ordered Banana Cake.  Have you ever had Banana Cake like this? 

3 comments:

  1. lovely red blocks and your baby quilt looks great.
    how clever that you just'whipped' it up. I am sure I would struggle with the directions of the leans. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby quilt. Great fabrics in the red blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet baby quilt. Love the red blocks. YUMMY desert!!!

    ReplyDelete

Around here

My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...