Saturday 13 September 2008

Fun with BOM

I've been shopping again and chosen all the fabrics for Judy's Star BOM. I hadn't meant for it to take so long to get around to doing this. Life seems to have gotten in the way a bit - with all the hassles at work, and then deciding to put our house on the market because we found something else we want to buy (and it's a project!!!).

I started by making Block 3! I once read somewhere that if you get behind with a monthly project, the thing to do is to make the current block and work backwards on the ones you missed. So make Block 3 now, work on Block 2 when I can, make Block 4 once it is available, then make Block 1. That way you don't feel like you are constantly 3 months behind. It sounded like a good plan to me so I'm trying it.

I'm pleased with the way the colours worked out in this one. The number 7 fabric is quite light but I think that it will work in the big picture.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Your colors are very pretty...like that purple and your block is beautiful....awesome pinwheels!
    Hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo. It was worth the wait. Your block is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are so warm. Your block looks great.
    -Kari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such striking colors....looks great..Maine

    ReplyDelete

Around here

My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...