Sunday 20 April 2008

Weekend catch up

Sandy at Comforter Quilts is working on an autumn quilt called Third Week in October and she is looking for autumn inspiration. It's still quite green here but this vine on the drive way is starting to colour nicely.


The border are on the Bargello Quilt and I love how it turned out. I think I'm going to call it "Bonnie's Bargello Quiltville Cat Quilt" because when making this quilt from Bonnie's Quiltville site I finally cut up some "precious" cat quilt which I had bought in bulk and never found the perfect pattern for.

This next pic is my first attempt at an April Journal Quilt. The techniques for the month are "painting on visofix" and "texture". This is a hand-dyed silk scarf that I bought at the op shop for 50 cents. The two pink flowers on the left are painted on visofix, ironed on and quite roughly stitched with gold thread. I have quilted to the background of the top (blue) section but the bottom (green) section is unquilted to give different textures.


I'm not all that fussed with the effect of the paint on visofix. I've seen other people do it and get great texture but this is quite smooth. I think I will have another try at this one.

I have a busy week planned at work this week with lots of visits to promote the community awards we run. I'm looking forward to being out of the office. Hopefully tomorrow the ruler I ordered for the Orange Crush mystery will arrive and I will be able to make a start on step 2.

Have a good week everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Lisa, your autumn colours are different to ours - interesting the things that are the same but different :-))

    Your bargello is stunning - mine is still in pieces with one panel being stitched together - using recycled shirts.

    Love the scarfe - painting on fusible web hmmmm....
    Have a lovely week Lisa
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the journal quilt idea -- being forced to try new techniques.

    Your bargello is really wonderful! I have seen lots of these on the web since Bonnie's Super Bowl, and they all have their own personalities. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful, rich colors in that Bargello quilt. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Around here

My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...